Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Helvetica- T.H

Helvetica
1. Describe Helvetica – what are some core visual characteristics of the font?
Helvetica is simple and clean with straight horizontal edge cuts.
2. Provide a brief history of the typeface. What was so different about Helvetica from other typefaces?
Helvetica was made in Switzerland 1957 by a man name Max Miedinger with Eduard Hoffman. It used to be called Neue Haas Grostesk (Latin), but changed later to Helvetica.
3. Choose one of the people in the film who supported helvetica, explain his/her argument.

This one man said that Helvetica was very clean and neat. It is simple and easy to read. And although it doesn’t stand out as much, it can still capture ones attention.

4. Choose one of the people in the film who dislikes helvetica, explain his/her argument.

A man said that Helvetica was boring, and has no rhythm or contrast.He also said that Helvetic is too close to eachother and needs some more white space between them.

5. Having just watched an entire documentary devoted to a single typeface, what is your position on Helvetica? Explain.

I think Helvetica is plain and boring too, but for some reason I still find it pretty nice. Helvetica doesn’t excite me but it did catch my attention. It catches my attention because I think the letters has somewhat a fresh or new look to it, because of how clean it is. I like Helvetica and would use it because I find it very neat and easy to read with.

No comments:

Post a Comment